Mrs. Sathya Priya started the preschool program out of her home. She enjoyed it and saw she was having much success. She formalized her in home preschool and began "BUD2KID PLAYSCHOOL & DAY CARE " in 2011 out of her home.
Through the years as the preschool grew she continued to expand her couple students into several age groups and hired teachers. Today seven years later Now Named: BUD 2 KID is a preschool center in Villivakkam in a stand alone school building which houses 80 students and a amazing staff.
Just as BUD2KID has grown in the past 8 years Mrs. Priya wishes to continue her vision of education young minds and building character in her students through solid preschool program motivating and inspiring children to flourish!
• Language and Literacy based learning outcomes as exposure to language-based activities will develop the ability to listen, understand and communicate with others. Motor skills development based learning outcomes to ensure physical fitness, agility, and sense of balance, co-ordination and spatial awareness.
• Numeracy based learning outcomes as this enables children to understand and apply mathematical concepts and processes.
• Our social and emotional learning based outcomes nurtures self esteem in children as children are taught to recognize and label emotions and manage their feelings and behavior that leads to independent and confident learners.
• Creative and aesthetic awareness based learning outcomes to ensure that children are given opportunities to explore their environment through creative play, art, music and movement.
• Understanding of the world is nurtured as children have a sense of wonder that is encouraged so that children are curious, ask questions, observe and make sense of the world around them.
• Knowing right from wrong through our moral, social and value based learning outcomes.
• Willing to share and take turns and other social learning based outcomes.
• Children should be comfortable and happy to learn and receive support and nurturing from their teachers, parents and school.
The early childhood programs at BUD 2 KID are designed to give children the correct stress-free environment, personal attention and scientifically formulated schedule of activities to nurture their growing brains. Appropriate socio-emotional care is given to each child to help him develop the right inter- and intra-personal intelligence.
1. Motor Skills Development
Water Play – aids fine motor development and fulfills relaxed exploration needs.
Sand Play – develops hand-eye co-ordination, tactile experiences and exploration.
2. Social and Emotional Development
Yoga – helps children relax, rejuvenate, and indulge in fun and frolic
3. Language and Literacy
1. Readers Make Leaders – a reading corner for your child that holds a number of international children's books so your child can spend his time productively.
2. Glenn Doman Reading – an internationally acclaimed, time tested method to develop your child's sight-reading skills.
1. Block Play – assists in enhancing recognition of colors, shapes, sizes and weight. Helps enhance eye – hand co-ordination, sequencing, sorting skills.
2. Role Play – helps children to understand the world, their family, people who help them and aid them in understanding the roles that people play and will also develop a child's growing symbolic play which will help him with literacy, numeracy and other essential.
5. Discovery of the world
1. Drama/Elocution – give your child confidence and help in expression skills.
2. Puppet Shows – engage all the 9 intelligences. They expose children to essential language skills, promote thinking skills, engage them in listening to language, and develop essential resolution skills. They are apt component of our early childhood development.
6. Creative and Aesthetic Expression
1. Art Exploration – with activities like painting, collage, drawing, clay art, spray paint painting and even projects on ipad.
we consider the environment to be the Third Teacher (the first and second being the parent and teacher). Our unique early years environment incorporates vibrant design consideration for optimal learning, incorporating state-of-the art facilities and equipment to promote a holistic, creative and technologically-enriched early childhood learning program. The environment of the classrooms, corridors, and washrooms speaks of the children and the rich educational experiences that occur within it. The prime goal of our learning environment is to make children's presence and voices visibly felt, heard and reflected.
The Key learning spaces at BUD 2 KID includes-
• Large classrooms designed for children.
• Many classrooms are equipped with technology such as projectors, interactive whiteboards and Ipads.
• Promoting free access to materials and movement
• Specially designed child friendly furniture.
• Interactive outdoor learning areas
• " EAT TO FUEL YOUR BODY. NOT FEED YOUR EMOTIONS "
This has been strictly followed in our schools. only healthy foods are allowed.
Chips, chocolate, chocolate juice, and candies are not allowed. Teachers will return back Junk food to the parents.